What is IV Therapy?
From managing chronic dehydration to gaining glowing skin and a range of other health and wellness benefits, people opt for IV therapy for a number of reasons today. It has become popular among those looking to improve their health quickly and easily.
IV Therapy Explained
- Intravenous (IV) therapy is the quickest way possible to deliver essential nutrients to your body, whether you’re treating chronic ailments or recovering from a rigorous sporting event – just 30-45 minutes for one, complete session.
In an IV therapy session, fluid is injected directly into the body’s circulation via a vein – administered safely by a nurse or other similarly-qualified personnel – administered at the healthcare professional’s office. All IV fluid is obtained from a FDA registered 503B outsourcing facility. The fluid is delivered directly to the organs through the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system and bringing vital nutrients and minerals to your body’s cells. With a 90-100% absorption rate (compared to 20-50% orally), IV therapy can help relieve pain, improve your mood, and aid in your recovery process efficiently.
A wide range of IV treatments are available, depending on the patient’s needs. Single vitamin IV therapy is common, while various formulas, like the increasingly-popular Myer’s cocktail (high doses of magnesium, calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin C mixed with sterile water), are widely used in sessions.
The Benefits of IV Drips
Since IV therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of health concerns or to achieve wellness goals, its benefits are far-reaching. While IV therapy was originally used to deliver nutrients to dehydrated or nutrient-deficient patients in hospitals (or those who are unable to take medications orally), healthy people can find that IV drips can boost their wellness and bolster their immune systems – particularly due to the stress of daily life and the post-pandemic climate.
Other uses include:
- Weight loss: If you’re trying to lose weight but are struggling, IV vitamin therapy can help to increase your metabolism, without the need for supplements or large changes to your diet.
- Anti-aging: To reduce the appearance of wrinkles and boost your energy levels, an IV vitamin therapy containing glutathione may be the solution for you.
- Pain relief: If you’re suffering from chronic pain, such as from arthritis, migraines, or fibromyalgia, for example, the Myers’ cocktail treatment can be incredibly effective.
- Better sleep: If you struggle to get a good night’s sleep, IV vitamin therapy can help you maximize REM sleep by promoting relaxation.
- Athletic performance and recovery: IV cocktails containing a combination of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals can promote increased energy levels, while IV infusions of antioxidants, vitamin C, electrolytes, and glutathione can minimize post-exercise inflammation and pain.
Does IV Hydration Therapy and IV Vitamin Therapy Really Work?
The efficacy of IV therapy to rehydrate and replenish fluids for patients in hospitals is evident. Applying IV vitamin therapy and IV hydration therapy for different health and wellness purposes uses an already-proven method in a medical setting.
Drip therapy can be an effective way to kick-start your health when you need it most, like when recovering from an injury or when you need to perform and feel your best. If you are in a situation where you need a quick and easy boost to your health, an IV drip is a great choice. For more information on the right IV treatments for you, contact us at the link below: